Making the Invisible Visible: Scotland Starts Here
Posted on 29 March, 2019
Thank you so much to everyone who attended Wednesday’s Conference at Peebles Hydro
It was amazing to see over 100 tourism businesses and partners from across the region gathered together, showing such passion for developing our visitor economy and firmly putting the Scottish Borders on the map.
Following is all of the presentations in downloadable format, simply click on the link to view the presentation
SBTP Spring Conference - all of the morning presentations
Scotland Starts Here App - you can download the app and MBTAG will be in touch with a full toolkit for your business so you can familiarise yourself with it, know how to share and promote the app to your visitors.
Masterclass - 'Digital' - presented by Stephen Whitelaw
Masterclass - 'Skills' - presented by David Cochrane, HIT Scotland
Masterclass - 'Storytelling Photogtaphy and Blogging' presented by Travels with a Kilt - sponsored by Union
Masterclass - 'Product, Place, Passion and Customer Service' - presented by Keith Mundell, Johnstons of Elgin - sponsored by Flow
Our packed agenda saw delegates hear from a range of speakers. Highlights included:
• Stephen Leckie sharing the big picture view for Scottish tourism and Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA) strategy
• Matthew Jackson from National Geographic Traveller sharing views on upcoming travel trends and how to generate excitement amongst travellers
• A progress update from SBTP on the set up of our Destination Management and Marketing Organisation (DMMO)
• The industry launch of the Scotland Starts Here app that has been developed by the MBTAG team
• Plus a number of Masterclasses that focused on brand-building, story-telling and delivering great customer service
With everyone enthused to ‘Make the Scottish Borders Visible’, the SBTP management team are now moving forward to set up a new DMMO and will continue our stakeholder and South of Scotland tourism leadership programme.
We closed the conference with a little plea. We need your enthusiasm, energy and passion for the Borders and we are looking for people who would be interested in joining the DMMO board. If that’s you, then we will be putting in place an application process but in the first instance, please email the Chairman Will Haegeland.
Thanks again for all your support.
With special thanks to our Key Sponsors